Introduction

I've been listening to "The 99 Most Essential Cello Masterpieces" to get familiar with cello pieces because I started playing the cello this year (my first instrument!). I plan on listening to each piece for a few days, and then post some information and my thoughts on each masterpiece.

Friday, June 24, 2011

My New Cello Project

I've been listening to The 99 Most Essential Cello Masterpieces to become familiar with cello pieces because I started playing the cello this year (my first instrument!). And I thought, "what better way to learn about each piece than to do a little research on each one and post a blog of what I've learned!"

I plan on listening to each piece for a few days, and then posting any relevant information regarding the piece (i.e. composer, history, etc.) and some of my thoughts on each masterpiece. 


Please keep in mind: I'm doing this for FUN! :)

I'll try to post accurate information, but please don't use any information on my blog. I'll try to remember to post any resources that I use at the end of my blog post - reference those instead.

Also, I'll be posting my thoughts and interpretations, and since I'm a complete newb beginner... I'm sure a lot of my interpretations will be "incorrect." This project is to get "familiar" with these pieces, so I'm sure I'll be revisiting each piece in more depth and detail once I start learning to play them, which will be much later in my cello playing future!

Therefore, please feel free to leave any feedback or your interpretation of the piece. It's a learning experience for me! :)

In addition, since I cannot post the songs from the CD (I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know how), I'll post other YouTube videos of cellists playing each piece.

No comments: